Book your appointment online
Student Health & Wellness is pleased to announce a new pilot project for Dalhousie students and currently registered community patients to book appointments online with a select number of doctors, nurses, our social worker (students only) and same-day counselling (students only).
- Dr. Glenn Andrea
- Dr. Erin Awalt
- Dr. Jenna Dickson
- Dr. Hilaire Dufour
- Dr. Sherry Jain
- Dr. Eunice Kim
- Dr. Donald MacQuarrie
- Dr. Amy Mallory
- Dr. Diarmaid Scully
- Dr. Jacqueline Stewart
- Hazel Ling, Social Worker
- Daily appointments with our nurses
- Same-day counselling appointments
Can you see a nurse or social worker?
When can I see a nurse?
Wondering if you can see a nurse to address your health concern? Here are some of the common services provided by nurses at the Student Health & Wellness Centre:
- Emergency first aid
- Emergency contraceptive
- Pregnancy testing
- UTI testing
- STI testing
- Assessments for broken bones, sprains, wounds, cold symptoms and sore throat
- Administering flu shots, as well as testosterone, B12, Depo Provera and allergy injections
Please book an appointment with a physician if you are unsure if you should be seen by a nurse.
When can I see a social worker?
Wondering if you can see a social worker to address your health concern? Here are some of the challenges a social worker at the Student Health & Wellness Centre can help you with:
- Practical Problem Solving – housing, finances, food, school, life
- Dealing with stress – school, work, life, sleep, relationships, roommates and family
- Resource Navigation on campus and off campus
If you would like to book your appointment online:
- Create an account (you'll need your health card).
- Submit your appointment request.
- You will receive confirmation of your appointment by email. Your appointment request will be rejected if:
- you have outstanding fees
- you are not a registered Dalhousie or Kings student or community patient
- your request requires more time than a 10-minute visit (medical and nursing)
- If you need to cancel your appointment, you can also do this online by logging into your account. Please note that we require 24 hours' notice of your cancellation, or you will be charged a cancellation fee (medical appointments). We ask that you cancel as soon as possible so that your appointment time can be used for someone else as appointments are in high demand.
- Take a number once you arrive at the Centre and your number will be called to check you in for your appointment.