November 14–19, 2022
Dal's first ever Healthy Relationships Awareness Week
Student Health Promotion in collaboration with campus and community partners is hosting Dal's first annual Healthy Relationships Awareness Week!
Fostering a culture of safer sexual health practices and healthy relationships
Healthy Relationships Awareness Week (HRAW) aims to help Dal and Kings students improve their well-being by learning about how to build a healthy relationship with yourself, as well as building, maintaining and navigating healthy relationships with others. This week will promote strategies, supports and services aimed to improving your relationships and sexual health!
A week focused on all things healthy relationships and sexual health
Themes for this year's HRAW will include: fostering a healthy relationship with oneself and partner(s), setting healthy boundaries, consent, sex-positive language, and safer sexual health practices.
Attend events and win prizes!
Each time you attend an event during Healthy Relationships Awareness Week, you'll be entered for a chance to win one of two $100 gift cards from your choice of Venus Envy, Nature Folk Spa or Floatation Centre, or a DSU Survivor Support Centre gift basket (includes a $100 Venus Envy gift card)!
Monday, November 14
- Sexual Health & Consent Resource Booth | 4–6pm | Residences: Risley, Howe, and Sheriff Hall
Stop by, spin the consent wheel and ask about supports on campus.
- Meet and Greet with the new 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor | 4–5pm | Welcome Centre, LeMarchant Place
Stop by and meet Dal's new 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor, Olivia. Refreshments provided by Glitter Bean Cafe. Register to reserve your spot. Drop-ins welcome.
Tuesday, November 15
- Breaking the Silence: Lived experience with Mental Health and Mental Illness | 11:30am–1pm | Council Chambers, 2nd floor Student Union Building
Join special guest Kendra Fisher who will be sharing her lived experience with navigating mental illness and building a mental health support system. Lunch provided, first come, first serve. Registration is encouraged. Drop-ins welcome.
- Setting Healthy Boundaries Session | 5:30–6:30pm | Room 1020, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building
Join Lyndsay Anderson from Human Rights and Equity Services to discuss the role that Post-Secondary Institutions play in student-instructor relationships. Registration required.
Wednesday, November 16
- Self-Care & Self-Kindness Workshop | 2–3:30pm | Virtual event
Join Dal Registered Psychologist Heather Patterson to discuss a variety of aspects of self-care and ways to talk to yourself and nurture this essential relationship. Registration required.
- Sexual Health Trivia With Venus Envy and Health Promotion Society | 6–8pm | LeMarchant Place Atrium
Thursday, November 17
- Understanding Gender Workshop | 11am–1pm | Room 3089, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building
Join host Fallen Matthews, a Dalhousie staff and faculty member, and PhD candidate, for an informative presentation and workshop about the gender spectrum. A pizza lunch will be provided. First come, first served. Registration required.
Friday, November 18
- Meet and Greet with the new 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor | 4–5pm | Melda Murrary Student Centre, Room A109, A/B Building, Sexton Campus
Stop by and meet Dal's new 2SLGBTQ+ Advisor, Olivia. Refreshments provided by Glitter Bean Cafe. Register to reserve your spot
Saturday, November 19