Dal After Dark
Dal After Dark is a program facilitated by Dal’s Student Life and Student Health & Wellness departments, in collaboration with the Keep It Social campaign, to provide Dal and King’s students with information and events related to alcohol harm reduction. Dal After Dark’s primary functions for the 2018–19 academic year include:
Education on the harms of over/misuse of alcohol and cannabis. This is done through interactive booths across campus during high-risk periods, and includes free distribution of water and snacks.
Grant funding of up to $750 is available for student groups for events that meet the following Dal After Dark guidelines:
- The event will be alcohol-free and substance.
- The event will not promote alcohol consumption or cannabis use in any way.
- The event will aim to educate students on lower risk alcohol use and the dangers of high-risk alcohol use in conjunction with student health and wellness promotion.
- Must be open to all Dal/King’s students.
- Applications must be submitted by Sunday at 4pm (Atlantic Time) two weeks prior to the event date. Applications submitted after this deadline risk not being reviewed until the following week.
Awards will be determined by a selection committee comprised of students and professional staff. The Selection Committee will review applications on Mondays two weeks in advance of the event date.
- As the number of grants available is limited, you are encouraged to apply early to increase your chances of receiving funding.
- Societies that have received frunding from the DSU for events can still submit an application for Dal After Dark funding—please indicate that you have received additional funding on the application form.
- Societies may partner up to host events and submit applications for the same event—please specify the societies you are collaborating with.
WE ARE CURRENTLY GIVING PRIORITY TO EVENTS THAT WILL BE HOSTED ON OCTOBER 25, 26, and 27.
If you have questions regarding alcohol harm reduction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding grant funding, please contact email@example.com.
FOLLOW US TO FIND OUT ABOUT UPCOMING EVENTS!