Vision, Mission and Values
Career Services is committed to a future where all students and alumni are fully prepared for a successful life after university. We complement the academic experience in achieving this vision by providing opportunities for students to explore and reflect on experiences that directly impact their future. With a focus on career education and developing leadership potential, Career Services contributes relevant services, events, and information that are critical to student growth and development.
With a student-centred approach, Career Services strives to:
- Acknowledge and support the extensive leadership and volunteer contributions students make to the community;
- Create, support, and encourage meaningful and diverse experiences that allow students to broaden and strengthen their personal and professional networks;
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to programs and service delivery in the areas of career advising, leadership development, experiential learning, and active citizenship;
- Leverage our networks and community connections and partnerships to provide rich and meaningful experiences for students.
- Offer up-to-date accessible information and resources.
- Students as our primary focus
- Individual and institutional diversity
- Reflective practice and critical thinking
- Quality through continuous improvement
- A safe and inclusive environment
- Effective communication and teamwork
- Collaborative approaches to implementing services and programs
- Meaningful partnerships with internal and external organizations