Before You Begin
Before you can register for courses, be sure you’ve completed the following.
- Did you receive your acceptance package?
You need to have applied to Dalhousie, been accepted and received your acceptance package. Your acceptance package contains important information, including your student number.
- Pay your $200 admission deposit.
Processing will take at least 24 hours.
- Set up your NetID
. Your NetID provides access to email, computer labs and other services.
- Your Dalhousie student ID (Your student number, sometimes called your Banner number, appears on your acceptance letter and starts with B00).
- Paid your deposit to Student Accounts
- Login to Dal Online
-You will use your NetID and password to login.
- Check your registration status to find out when you can register for courses and make sure there are no holds on your account.
- If you're a returning student, check your degree requirements/complete a degree audit.
- If you're a transfer student, you can find an overview of the academic timetable in the First-year Students section.
- If you're a first-year student, and you haven't already, refer to the First-year Students section before selecting/registering for courses.
- Have the academic calendar and academic timetable ready.