Academic Program Fair
Take the next step in planning your degree!
All first and second year Dalhousie students are invited to attend the Academic Program Fair to connect with advisors about majors, minors, co-op and more! Explore academic programs and options available. You've chosen a degree but have you decided on a major? What about studying abroad for a term? Maybe you're thinking of changing programs? What do you want your academic experience to include? Come talk to professors and advisors to answer these questions and more at the Fair!
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
McInnes Room, Student Union Building
At the fair
- Speak with advisors from faculties and programs across campus
- Explore available program and course options.
- Learn about program requirements and what you'll need for graduation.
- Confirm if you have an appropriate academic background for programs and classes you are considering.
- Develop an understanding of the workload associated with programs and classes you are considering.
- Discuss your interests with departmental advisors.
- Declare your major—the Registrar's Office will be on site to guide you through the process.
After the fair
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor to continue to learn about program options and for help with degree planning.
- Attend departmental Advising Events during Advising Month for a closer look at program choices
- Contact Career Services to discover how part-time jobs, internships, and experiential learning opportunities (e.g. co-op) can help you achieve your career goals. You can also meet with a Career Counsellor to explore how your interests and values relate to your decisions about programs and careers.
Who's coming to the Fair?
Advisors from the following faculties and departments will be on hand to answer all of your questions:
- Agriculture, Faculty of
- Engineering, Agricultural Business, Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science, Aquaculture, Pre-Vet Medicine
- Environmental Science, Plant Science
- Arabic Studies
- School of Architecture and Planning
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Canadian Studies Program (Please stop by the FASS table)
- Chinese Studies
- Commerce, Bachelor of
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Contemporary Studies Program, U. of King's College
- Dentistry, Faculty of and School of Dental Hygiene
- Early Modern Studies Program, U. of King's College
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering, Faculty of
- English and Creative Writing
- Environmental Science
- Global Health
- Health and Human Performance, School of - Including Health Promotion, Kinesiology, Therapeutic Recreation and Recreation Management
- Health Sciences and Clinical Vision Science, School of
- History of Science and Technology Program, U. of King's College
- International Development Studies
- Italian Studies
- Law, Justice and Society
- Law, Faculty of
- Management, Bachelor of
- Marine Biology
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Medicine, Faculty of
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Nursing, School of
- Fountain School of Performing Arts - Music and Theatre
- Physics and Atmospheric Science
- Physiotherapy, School of
- Political Science
- Psychology and Neuroscience
- SEASIDE courses
- Social Work, School of
- Sociology & Social Anthropology
- Spanish and Latin American Studies
- Sustainability, College of
Featured Student Services:
- Bissett Student Success Centre
- Career Services
- Continuing Education- U-Prep courses
- Co-op - Science, Information Technologies and Engineering
- Registrar's Office
- Study Abroad and Exchange (International Centre)