The Dalhousie University Awards for Outstanding Academic Advisors were created by the President to recognize exceptional academic advisors and encourage efforts to promote, support and improve academic advising at Dalhousie University. The awards are presented annually to faculty or staff demonstrating outstanding service to students as academic advisors. You may nominate any faculty or staff member currently serving, or who has recently served, as an academic advisor.
The Awards are co-sponsored by the Office of the Vice Provost, Student Affairs and the Office of the Provost and Vice President, Academic.
2016 Call for Nominations Now Closed
Award winners will be posted shortly.
Dalhousie University honours the vital role played by advisors in student success. We will be offering four advising awards this year. Please help us to recognize exceptional advising by nominating an advisor for one of the following awards:
- Outstanding Undergraduate Staff Advisor
- Outstanding Undergraduate Faculty Advisor
- Outstanding Graduate Advisor
- Outstanding (Student) Peer Advisor
2015 Academic Advising Award winners
Five outstanding individuals were recognized with the 2015 Dalhousie Academic Advising Awards at the end of March. Awards were presented by Anne Forrestall, acting vice-provost, Student Services. Congratulations to all our winners, and thank you for all your incredible work with our students! Pictured with Anne are (left to right):
- Dr. Teresa Cyrus, Faculty Advisor
- Jill Malolepszy, Staff Advisor
- Kirk Furlotte, Peer Advisor/Mentor
- Susanna Morash-Kent, Staff Advisor
- Monica Sani-Berry, Staff Advisor (not pictured)