Timing of Request
While we recognize that students are not always able to predict barriers to their learning and living well at Dal we recommend that you contact our office by the dates below to facilitate a meaningful discussion about your needs and a proactive response.
Please note: Accommodation requests which require collaboration from multiple departments, including external service providers, are to be submitted well in advance due to the complexity and coordination required to manage said request. Depending upon the timing of your submission, full implementation of an accommodation plan may be delayed.
Request for Accommodation
- For new students starting in September to be made by August 30 to avoid delays in implementation
- For new students starting in January to be made by November 30 to avoid delays in implementation
- For returning students in September to be made by September 1 to avoid delays in implementation
- For returning students resuming studies in January to be made by November 30 to avoid delays in implementation
Exam service requests
To ensure that we are able to proctor your exam, and that your instructor has time to complete the form, please adhere to the following deadlines. Late submissions will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Midterms (any test/exam held during the term) [PDF - 407kB] requests must be made at least one week in advance of the test date. Advance submission encouraged.
- Final exam requests [PDF - 407kB] for April 2018 must be made no later than March 23
Review your final exam schedule.