Start On Track - Online is a great way to for you to get a head start and prepare yourself for September. By completing the modules within this course, you will:
- Learn tips and tricks to be successful in your first year at Dal
- Identify on-campus resources that are available to you as a student
- Navigate various university systems and processes (like Brightspace - did you know class information will be in there too?)
- Connect your values to Dal (integrity, fairness, excellence, and all that fun stuff)
- Reflect on why you're in university and consider steps around career exploration (trust us, you don't need to know the answers just yet)
How to access the modules
- Log into Brightspace using your NetID and password
- Search under My Courses (left hand column)
- Click Online Community - Online Orientation
- Click Content in the top navigation
Questions about Brightspace? Check out the Brightspace Student Guides.
Topics you will explore
This course includes eight modules that cover a wide variety of topics you should explore to get the most out of your time at university, including:
- Getting off to an A+ start
- Investing in your future - money matters!
- Taking care of your health
- Alcohol & substance use safety
- Creating a consent culture on campus
- Your new Dalhousie community
- Using the libraries
- About academic integrity
If you complete all 8 modules ($$$)
If you complete ALL 8 modules, you will be entered to win 1 of 2 $250 tuition bursaries to be applied to your student account*. You will also receive your first co-curricular record accreditation (a document that records your extracurricular and volunteer activities from Dal to have when you graduate).
*Only students beginning their studies at Dalhousie in January 2018 are eligible for these prizes. Prize draws for students who started in September 2017 are closed.
Brought to you by