What is a UPass?
The UPass is a transit pass that allows full time Halifax-based Dal students to ride the conventional buses and ferries in the HRM from September 1 to April 30. The UPass can also be used on MetroLink and MetroX for an additional charge.
How much does the UPass cost?
A UPass costs $153.40 for the 2016-17 academic year. The cost is already included in the student fees you pay - no additional fee will be charged when you pick up your UPass.
How does the UPass work?
The UPass sticker is placed directly on your DalCard. Simply show your DalCard with the UPass sticker when you get on a bus or ferry. Your UPass is valid for unlimited use, 7 days a week throughout the acadmic year.
Where can you get your UPass?
You can get your UPass when you arrive on campus at any of the following locations:
- DalCard Office: 6230 Coburg Road
- Student Accounts: Basement Level, Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building
- Student Service Centre: 1360 Barrington Street, Sexton Campus
What are the benefits of using a UPass?
- Save money: The UPass saves you over $400 per year, compared to a regular student MetroPass.
- Clean air: By lowering traffic volumes, we are making a contribution to having cleaner air.
- Less traffic congestion: It takes 40 cars to transport 60 people, but only one regular bus.
- Improved mobility: Even if you don’t use your UPass regularly, it comes in handy for short trips to and from downtown or around HRM.