Card Lost or Not Working?
How to replace your DalCard
My DalCard was lost or stolen
If you lost your DalCard or it has been stolen, you must:
- log in to MyDalCard to temporarily de-activate your DalCard (do this yourself any time)
- contact the DalCard Office when we are open, OR contact Dalhousie Security when we are closed to report your card lost or stolen
I found my DalCard
If you find your card, you can contact the DalCard Office to have your card re-activated. Once a new DalCard has been issued, you cannot re-activate your old card.
I need a new DalCard
Visit the DalCard Office to get a replacement DalCard.
- $15 to replace your DalCard
- $15 to replace your UPass sticker
- Dal Dollars, debit, credit, cash
You can't pay using your student account. This is for tuition, meal plans and residence fees.
My DalCard doesn't work
If your DalCard isn't working, bring it to the DalCard Office and we will help you resolve the issue. Note that in some cases, if your card has been damaged by you, you will need to pay to have your DalCard replaced, regardless of whether the damage was intentional. This includes cards bent while stored in a wallet and cards scratched by keys.
It costs $15 to replace a DalCard that has been damaged. There is no fee to replace an expired DalCard.