for International Baccalaureate (IB) applicants
IB students bring outstanding critical thinking, research and communication skills to Dalhousie classrooms and we want to recognize your hard work. Admission decisions are based on your course results or predicted scores.
- If you are completing the IB Diploma you need at least 26 points for admission. You also need to meet the same course requirements as direct from high school applicants.
- If you are completing one or more IB Certificates you need to meet the same course requirements and admission averages as direct from high school applicants.
In addition to our general entrance awards, we offer specific scholarships for IB Diploma students. We give extra weight to IB Certificates when awarding scholarships. Your application and all supporting documents must be received by March 15 for scholarship consideration. Visit Money Matters for more information about applying for our awards.
University credit for IB courses
Dalhousie awards university credit for selected IB Higher Level courses completed with a result of 5, 6 or 7. We also offer a second-year university credit for Theory of Knowledge students who receive a C or better. Our IB Transfer Credit Table lists course equivalencies.
How does it work?
- After you are accepted to Dalhousie and have confirmed your offer by paying your $200 admission deposit we will let you know which IB courses transfer to your new program.
- One of our academic advisors will be in touch to explain your IB university credits and help you select your Dal classes.
- Don't forget to arrange for the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) to send an official transcript of your final IB Diploma or certificate to the Registrar's Office.