Apply to Dal
Your next steps as an international student
Checklist: Before you apply
- Check the undergraduate application deadlines. Your application, all supporting documents and application fee should be received by this date.
- Check the admission requirements for your chosen program.
- Prepare the additional documents listed on the application form, such as official transcripts, letters, etc.
- Check to see if you need to send supplemental forms and documents.
Please Note: All written communication pertaining to your application and admission to Dalhousie, including official acceptance letters, will be delivered through e-mail from email@example.com. Please make sure that the @dal.ca domain is set up as a safe sender in your email so that these important communications are delivered to you and are not diverted to Spam or Junk folders.
Paper application form
- All transcripts should be sent to Dalhousie either directly from your school, college or university; or, you can send them to us if they are in the original, sealed envelope.
6299 South Street, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2
- Transcripts should be provided in English. If your transcript is not in English, then we need an official English translation and the original language version.The translator must be certified and this should be indicated with a stamp or seal and signature on the documentation.
Courses at Dalhousie are taught in English. If your first language is not English, you need to provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Dalhousie's. undergradute application fee is $70 CAD.
How can I pay?
You can pay your application fee online during the application process, or visit the the Registrar’s Office website for information on how to pay by phone, fax, mail or in person.
- Visa, Mastercard or American Express
- Cheque (payable to Dalhousie University) On the back of the cheque, print the applicant's full name and, if applicable, web application number (e.g., A141103).
- Money Order (payable to Dalhousie University)
- Bank Draft (payable to Dalhousie University)
- Cash (at the Registrar's Office; please do not send cash in the mail)