Apply to Dal
Your next steps as an international student
Checklist: before you apply
- Check the admission requirements and application deadlines for your chosen program. Refer to equivalent qualification menu at the side of the page for your specific country or curricula requirements.
- An application fee of $70.00 CAD is required to process your application. Fee payments can be made online with credit after application submission. See below for other payment methods.
- Send official transcripts (see below).
- Check if supplemental forms and documents are required for your program along with the deadlines.
- Check to see if you may require proof of English language proficiency.
Please note: All written communication pertaining to your application and admission to Dalhousie, including official acceptance letters, will be delivered through e-mail from email@example.com. Please make sure that the @dal.ca domain is set up as a safe sender in your email so that these important communications are delivered to you and are not diverted to Spam or Junk folders.
Ready to apply?
Paper application form
- All transcripts should be sent to Dalhousie either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the issuing institution, or, if by mail, they must be in the original sealed envelope and posted to the following address:
6299 South Street, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 4R2
- Official English translations are required for any transcript not provided in English. The translator must be certified, and this should be indicated with a stamp or seal and signature on the documentation. Please note that original transcript from the issuing institution is still required along with the official translation.
- A minimum of three years of secondary schooling is generally required to review admission. For an initial assessment, first-semester or mid-year results (predicted where applicable) can be reviewed if final year is still in progress. Final grades will be required upon completion for any in-progress results and must be submitted to our office as soon as the results are issued.
You can pay your application fee online, by phone, mail or at the Registrar's Office. We accept:
- Visa, Mastercard or American Express
- Cheque (payable to Dalhousie University) On the back of the cheque, print the applicant's full name and, if applicable, web application number (e.g., A141103).
- Money Order (payable to Dalhousie University)
- Bank Draft (payable to Dalhousie University)
- Cash (at the Registrar's Office; please do not send cash in the mail)