Management, engineering, arts and social sciences – and this is just the start. With over 180 internationally recognized degree programs, Dalhousie graduates have a world of opportunity at their fingertips. Find the right program for you.
The student experience
Take a break from studying and get involved in campus life by joining one of over 280 student societies, academic clubs and sports teams at Dal. You’ll quickly make new friends with common interests. Read more in Life as a Dal Student.
Top 7 reasons to study at Dal
- Learn from award-winning professors: Over 90% of our faculty have a PhD.
- Attend a world-recognized university: Dalhousie's strong academic track record has been recognized in The Scientist, the Times Higher Education and QS world university rankings. Dalhousie has also received a five-star rating from QS Stars.
- Access top researchers: We conduct $149 million in funded research annually and are one of Canada's leading research-intensive universities.
- Choose from a wide variety of programs: Dalhousie offers over 180 degree programs.
- Join a diverse and supportive community of students: Over 110 countries are represented at Dal.
- Feel safe: The Global Peace Index rates Canada as the fourth most peaceful country in the world.
- Explore the great outdoors: Nova Scotia has 7,400 miles of coastline and over 120 provincial parks.
Experience Nova Scotia, Canada
A history of excellence
For over 200 years, Nova Scotia has been known as a province of educational opportunity. Students from all over the world come here for a quality, affordable education they can take anywhere.
A culture like no other
Atlantic Canada is famous for its friendly people, rich culture, historic cities and temperate weather. With campuses in the vibrant city of Halifax and the bustling town of Truro, Dalhousie helps you experience the best Nova Scotia has to offer.
An interview with Raissa
Raissa Rochesso Giorizzatto
- Vitória, Espírito Santo, Brazil
- Visiting student, 3rd year
- Science Without Borders scholarship
- Faculty of Computer Science
Experience of a lifetime
“Coming to Dalhousie has been the best experience of my life. Dalhousie is a very international university – I’m learning a lot about many cultures. It opens your mind.”
“I chose Canada because of the weather. I really like how different each season is here. I love the cold – and I love the fact that I can snowboard in Canada!”
“I was surprised at just how friendly people are in Nova Scotia. People hold doors for you. Cars stop for you. It feels like people want to be your friend. It makes international people feel very safe.”
Just the right size
“Halifax is like a countryside city. It has everything big cities have without feeling like one. And, I really feel like I am part of the student life here.”
Raissa came to Dalhousie with a scholarship through Brazil’s Science Without Borders initiative.
What are people saying?
A top Canadian university
“Studying abroad is a wonderful experience. It enriches you and opens your eyes to new experiences. I really appreciated the small city feeling in Halifax and how wonderful and kind Nova Scotians are to foreigners. Halifax has an amazing social scene and the weather was warmer than expected. Having a graduate degree from one of the top universities in Canada is very important for developing my career.”
Juan Daniel Aguirre (MEC’10)
Guayaquil, Guayas, Ecuador
Dalhousie opens doors
“Dalhousie has a great reputation, and we knew that it would offer Akram an excellent education. It has opened many doors for him, allowing him to pursue his passion for business and entrepreneurship. It has given him the tools to think critically and we would highly recommend Dalhousie to other families. We’ve seen the success and support our son has had at Dalhousie, and would like other families to have the same experience for their children.”
Saleh Al-Otumi and Hana Al-Badani, parents of Akram Al-Otumi (BComm’12)
Sana’a, Republic of Yemen
Enjoy the student experience
“I’d never been abroad before, so coming to Dalhousie was a totally new experience for me. Everything about it was good. The way Dalhousie treats students is great. Working for Dalhousie was also a great experience. I was working in Dalplex. Every week, we used to be there, cheering on the varsity team matches. It was great fun.”
Ponmalar Pandian (MEng’12)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India