Applied? What's next?
We're proud to be one of the universities you are considering. Below you'll find information about what to expect and next steps in the admissions process.
After you've applied...
2. When will a decision be made?
Once you have submitted your undergraduate application, you can expect a decision to be made within 2–4 weeks. For graduate applicants, please contact Graduate Studies or the department to which you applied.
3. Check the status of your application
If you applied online, you can see if we have received your documents or if a decision has been made by returning to the Admissions Login. Enter the login ID and PIN you created to view the status of your application. If you applied by paper application, an official decision will be sent to you via standard mail.
4. Apply for scholarships
Dalhousie's entrance awards recognize academic achievement and your unique skills and abilities.
You don’t need to be admitted to apply for scholarships. All students who have applied for admission and have submitted the scholarship application by the deadline will be considered for all awards for which they qualify. We also encourage you to explore awards that require a separate application as well as external scholarships and bursaries offered to university students on behalf of outside organizations.
6. Stay in touch
- Email – You’ll receive emails from us about important deadlines and events. Remember to add Dalhousie to your email provider’s “safe list.”
- Twitter – You’ll find timely posts about the application process and other important topics – directly from our Undergraduate Admissions team.
- Facebook – join the conversation on our Facebook page.
- Dal News – stay informed, engaged and excited by what happens across the university.