What can I do with this degree?
Choosing Theatre at Dal opens you up to a world of opportunity through a wide variety of career options:
- Many of our students have gone on to become directors, playwrights, actors, artisans, technicians and designers in the professional theatre in Canada and abroad, including:
- Buddies in Bad Times
- Young People’s Theatre (LKTYP)
- Stratford Shakespeare Festival
- Cirque de Soleil
- London’s Royal National Theatre
- Several of our students have gone on to become drama teachers in high schools.
- Costume Studies students have worked as:
- designers and cutters at Cirque de Soleil
- associate designer for the Las Vegas Celine Dion Water Shows
- stitchers, cutters and dressers in London’s large production companies
- costume-makers for living history sites such as Colonial Williamsburg Foundation and Plimoth Plantation.
- Several Theatre Studies and Film Studies students have gone on to careers in arts administration in the theatre and film industries.
- Several students have gone on to careers in law.