Why choose Recreation Management at Dal?
A university program that combines business and leisure? Graduate with two separate degrees at once? What's not to like?
Dalhousie's unique program is offered jointly by the School of Health and Human Performance and the Faculty of Management. After five years, you'll graduate with a Bachelor of Science (Recreation) and a Bachelor of Management—with a strong background in both the recreation and management fields.
We admit a limited number of students into the program each year. Our class sizes are small so you'll get to know your classmates, as well as Recreation Management faculty and staff, starting on day one. And since we’re part of the School of Health and Human Performance, along with Therapeutic Recreation, Health Promotion, and Kinesiology, you'll benefit from a collaborative environment—focused on community health and wellness—with access to a wide range of health practitioners and researchers.
We prepare you with the business know-how and recreation management skills you'll need to start an exciting career in the growing recreation and leisure service industry. Our alumni and practicing professionals help guide our curriculum, which means you'll receive the skills and knowledge that employers are seeking.
Bachelor of Science – BSc (Recreation) / Bachelor of Management (BMgmt)
- Major (5 years)
- Honours (5 years)
Required high school courses:
- three additional university preparatory courses
Application Deadline and Program Dates
Application deadlines for 2016/17
- March 15 - Deadline for scholarship consideration for fall semester
- April 1 - International students (except USA)
- June 1 - All Canadian and American applications
Other important program dates
- June 11 - Registration begins for new high school students
- TBD (September) - Classes begin, fall term
- TBD (December) - Exams begin
See complete list of important dates
- A limited number of students are admitted to the Recreation Management program each year.
- Most core Leisure Studies classes range from 20 to 50 students.
- Most core Management classes range from 40 to 60 students, although some first-year classes may be larger.
- Certain introductory classes are in other disciplines and are therefore larger.
Use our Fee Calculator to estimate the cost of a full year at Dalhousie.
Residence & Housing
Whether you're applying to one of our residence halls or you’re looking for help with an off-campus apartment search, Dalhousie’s Residence and Housing services can help.
- meal plans
- dorm-style traditional residences
- apartment-style, non-traditional
- off-campus housing