Why choose Psychology at Dal?
Psychology is an intrinsically interesting field of study encompassing all aspects of human and animal behaviour, with many links to associated disciplines such as biology, sociology, philosophy, and computer science. Aside from offering insight into the ways people think and behave, the Psychology program provides an excellent background of experience that can open a wide variety of career opportunities. It will also provide you with critical thinking and analytical skills.
Bachelor of Science (BSc) or Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- BSc or BA (20 credit) Major/Double Major (4 years)
- BSc or BA (20-credit) Honours/Combined Honours (4 years)
- Co-op option available for 20-credit programs
- BSc or BA (15 credit) with Minor in Psychology (3 years)
- Minor in Psychology (3 credits)
Required high school courses:
- Pre-calculus or Calculus (for BSc option)
- 3 university preparatory courses
See admission requirements for more information.
Application Deadline and Program Dates
Application deadlines for 2017/18
- March 1 - Deadline for scholarship consideration for fall semester
- April 1 - International students (except USA)
- June 1 - All Canadian and American applications
Other important program dates
- TBD (June) - Registration begins for new high school students
- TBD (September) - Classes begin, fall term
- TBD (December) - Exams begin
See complete list of important dates
If you are applying to the honours program, you should apply in January of your third year of study. If you do not meet the grade requirements for admission in January, you may apply again in the spring after completion of your third year of study.
Students transferring from other institutions must complete one full year of study at Dalhousie and have accumulated six or more half-credits from Dalhousie Psychology/Neuroscience classes before seeking admission to the honours program.
- Classes sizes can range from small seminar-type classes (10-25 students per class) to large lectures (100-500 students per class).
- Use our Fee Calculator to estimate the cost of a full year at Dalhousie.
Residence & Housing
Whether you're applying to one of our residence halls or you’re looking for help with an off-campus apartment search, Dalhousie’s Residence and Housing services can help.
- Dorm-style traditional residences
- Apartment-style, non-traditional
- Off-campus housing