Why choose Kinesiology at Dal?
Kinesiology is a multidisciplinary approach to the study of human movement. When you join Dalhousie’s Kinesiology program, you learn how the human body moves as a complex living system, and you’re given the tools to succeed in an exciting and challenging field.
Our program has a long history of excellence and offers you a wide variety of classes taught by professors known for their research. It also offers the option to specialize, to apply for an honours program, and to obtain professional certifications. Whether you want to focus on a specific study stream—Fitness and Lifestyle, Ergonomics, or Coaching Science—or pursue an all-around combination of classes, Dal’s Kinesiology program gives you the flexibility to study what really interests you.
Whichever stream you choose to study, our program prepares you to succeed in a career from a wide range of exciting possibilities—everything from being an athletic trainer for a professional sports team to an ergonomics engineer with a blue chip corporation.
Bachelor of Science – BSc (Kinesiology)
- Major (4 years)
- Honours (4 years)
- 3 different streams: Ergonomics, Fitness & Lifestyle, or Coaching Science
Required high school courses:
- academic math
- 3 additional university preparatory courses
Recommended high school courses:
Application Deadline and Program Dates
Application deadlines for 2017/18
- March 1 - Deadline for scholarship consideration for fall semester
- April 1 - International students (except USA)
- June 1 - All Canadian and American applications
Other important program dates
- TBD (June) - Registration begins for new high school students
- TBD (September) - Classes begin, fall term
- TBD (December) - Exams begin
See complete list of important dates
- Most upper-level classes range from 30 to 60 students.
- Certain classes in the first and second years are in other disciplines and are therefore larger.
Use our Fee Calculator to estimate the cost of a full year at Dalhousie.
Residence & Housing
Whether you're applying to one of our residences or need help with your off-campus apartment search, Dalhousie's Residence and Housing services can help.
- meal plans
- dorm-style traditional residences
- apartment-style, non-traditional
- off-campus housing