Streams of study
Find your niche
After 1st year, students in the Health Promotion program choose to enter either the Community Health Promotion stream or the Health Promotion Research and Policy stream.
The Community Health Promotion stream of study prepares students:
- to plan and implement community health promotion programs and services in local, national, and international communities;
- to critically evaluate research in order to provide evidence-based practice;
- to integrate health promotion theories to actual community practice;
- in current and emerging health promotion issues;
- to work in interprofessional/transdisciplinary teams;
- for entrance to graduate programs and other professional programs;
- to seek certification as health education specialists.
Students in the Health Promotion Research and Policy stream will develop:
- an in-depth and critical understanding of health promotion research and policy;
- an understanding of research methods for specific areas of health promotion;
- an understanding of how health promotion policy is informed by research;
- an understanding of how community needs are addressed through health promotion research and policy;
- an understanding of how research and health promotion policies vary according to context, focusing on local, national, and international communities;
- research skills for the masters and doctoral level.