Studying English teaches skills you can take into any career. You learn essential written and oral communication skills valuable in every field of work. You learn critical thinking abilities in our program: textual analysis, logical analysis, reading and interpretation skills.
Dalhousie English graduates are creative, adaptable, culturally aware and have gone on to do outstanding work in a wide variety of fields. Here are recent examples of careers our alumni have successfully taken:
- Publishers and literary editors
- Marketing and advertising copywriters
- On-air television personalities
- Film critics and screenwriters
- Journalists and newspaper editors
- Community activists