Co‑op work terms
Earn up to $10,000 per co-op work term
The co-op education program is an optional component that integrates academic study with three four-month, relevant, paid work terms. Students apply what they have learned in class to real-world work environments, then apply what they have learned at work back in the classroom while earning approximately $10,000 per work term.
Upon gradutation, students enter the job market with the advantage of practical work experience.
What you'll get out of it:
- Valuable and relevant work experience
- Transferable skills sought by employers
- The ability to earn a pay cheque
- Essential job search skills
- An opportunity to explore career interests before graduation
- A network of contacts
How it works
You will be required to complete a minimum of 42 weeks over three work terms. Work terms alternate between academic terms in your second and third years. A typical Bachelor of Computer Science schedule is provided below.
Fall(Sept. - Dec.)
Winter(Jan. - Apr.)
Summer(May - Aug.)
|1||Academic Term||Academic Term||-|
|2||Academic Term||Academic Term||Work Term 1|
|3||Academic Term||Work Term 2||Academic Term|
|4||Work Term 3||Academic Term||Academic Term|
Finding a work term
Our students have secured work terms with companies large and small, including:
- Lockheed Martin Canada
- Pratt & Whitney
- NS Power
- T4G Limited
- Department of National Defence
- Ubisoft Entertainment Inc.
- Simplycast Interactive Marketing Ltd
- HB Studios
- Medusa Medical Technologies Inc.