Studying Biology at Dal can lead you in any number of exciting career directions. You could follow the typical academic path and pursue graduate degrees in biology—first a Master of Science (MSc) and then a PhD. If you're thinking about going on to graduate studies—or medical school—you should consider doing an honours program.
Biology is also the ideal stepping stone to a career in medicine and a variety of other health professions. You could also pursue further studies in dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, opthamology, physiotherapy, or veterinary science.
Below are a few options for further study with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (BScPharm)
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Occupational Therapy (MScOT)
- Physiotherapy (MScPT)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Juris Doctor (JD), or Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bacehlor of Education (BEd)