The training we provide our graduate students enables them to seek careers in a range of areas in both the public and private sectors. Whether you're interested in a career in technology, research or education, the combined theoretical and practical education you'll receive at Dalhousie will help you achieve your goals.
See the sections below for careers that recent graduates have pursued, by area of study or sector.
- Cameron Dickinson - Research Associate, Atmospheric Optics Lab, Physics & Atmospheric Science Department, Dalhousie University
- Matthew Coffin - Research Assistant, Atmospheric Optics Lab, Physics & Atmospheric Science Department, Dalhousie University
- Wayan Sudiarta - Post-doctoral Fellow, Atmospheric Science, Department of Physics & Atmospheric Science, Dalhousie University
- Julia Marshall - Post-doctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry, Jena, Gemany
- Yiran Peng - Post-doctoral Fellow, Atmosphere in the Earth System, Max-Planck-Institut für Meteorologie, Hamburg, Germany
- Maheswar Rupakheti - Senior Program Officer UNEP RRC.AP, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, Bangkok
- Lisa Phinney - Air Quality Sciences, Environment Canada - Atlantic, Dartmouth, N.S.
Charlotte Keen - Senior Research Scientist in Marine Geophysics, Bedford Institute of Oceanography and Geological Institute of Canada
- Tim Bardouille - Research Officer, NRC Institute for Biodiagnostics (Atlantic)
- Henry Bird - Department Head, Research & Development Lucent Technologies, New Jersey
- David Boertjes - Research Scientist, Nortel, Ottawa, Ont.
- Ed Buiel - Senior Scientist, Westvaco, South Carolina
- Ian Courtney - Project Manager, Boston Scientific, Minnesota
- Bruce Martin - Research Scientist, IOTEK, N.S.
- Margot Campbell-Miller - Research Scientist, JDS Uniphase, Ottawa, Ont.
- Zhaohui Chen - Research Scientist, Umicore, Fort Saskatchewan, AB
- Ian Courtney - Reseach Scientist, Medtronic, Minn.
- Brian King - Research Scientist, JDS Feindel, Ottawa, Ont.
- Lin-Hong Kou - Research Scientist, Nortel, Ottawa, Ont.
- Wu Li - Scientist, IFIRE, Toronto, Ont.
- Zhonghua Lu - Staff Scientist, E-One/Moli Energy, Vancouver, B.C.
- Ou Mao - Scientific Staff, Duracell, Boston, Mass.
- Dean McNeil - Staff Scientist, Duracell, Boston, Mass.
- Mark Obrovac - Staff Scientist, 3M, St. Paul, Minn.
- Jens Paulsen - Research Scientist, LG Chemical, Korea
- Jan Reimers - Manager, Materials Science, E-One/Moli Energy, Maple Ridge, B.C.
- Darren Reiniger - Technician, Dynatek, Automation Systems, Bedford, N.S.
- Monique Richard - Scientific Staff, Toyota USA, Michigan
- Oliver Schilling - Research Scientist, Chemetals, Baltimore, Md.
- Hang Shi - Battery Consultant, China
- George Thomas - Scientist, Motorola, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Ulrich Von Sacken - General Manager of R & D, E-One/Moli Energy, Maple Ridge, B.C.
- Brian Way - R & D Project Manager, NEC/Moli Energy, Vancouver, B.C.
- W. J. Weydanz - Scientist, Sanyo, Germany
- Alf Wilson - Research Scientist, NEC/Moli Energy, Vancouver, B.C.
- Andre Wong - Research Scientist, Dynapro Systems, Vancouver, B.C.
- Wei Xu - Research Scientist, Motorola, Chicago, Ill.
- Simon Xue - Battery Scientist, B+K Battery, China
- Meijie Zhang - Research Scientist, E-One/Moli Energy, Maple Ridge, B.C.
- Qiming Zhong - Scientist, E-ONe/Moli Energy, Maple Ridge, B.C.
Medicine (Medical Physics)
- Paul Charlebois - Surgeon and Physician, Canadian Armed Forces, Montreal, Que.
- Avila Cox - Optometrist, Bedford, N.S.
- John Finley - Head of Cardiology, IWK Hospital and Associate Professor Paediatrics, Dalhousie University
- Lawrence Gates - Diagnostic Imaging, QEII Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, N.S.
- Calum MacAulay - Head of Cancer Imaging Dept., Clinical Associate Professor of Pathology & Associate Member of Physics Department, U.B.C.
- Rob MacLeod - Co-director, Cardiovascular Research & Training Institute, University of Utah
- Randall Miller - Medical Physicist, Nova Scotia Cancer Research Foundation
- Heather Smith - Family/Emergency doctor, Renfrew, Ont.
- Rob Smith - Medical Biophysicist, 3M Canada, Ont.
- Joanne Squires - Medical Physicist, Comprehensive Physics & Regulatory Services, Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Mammo Yewondwossen - Medical Physicist, Cancer Research Foundation, Halifax, N.S.
- Jiangnan Li - Research Scientist, Canadian Centre for Climate Analysis and Modeling, University of Victoria, B.C.
- Anne O'Toole - Meteorologist, Chief of Air Quality Modeling Division, Atmospheric Environment Services, Dept. Environment, Toronto, Ont.
- Tina Simpkin - Meteorologist, CTV Atlantic
- Bruce Whiffen - Aviation Program Manager & Shift Supervisor, Newfoundland Weather Centre
- Barbara Winter - Research Scientist, Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences Department, Princeton University
- Jeff Wong - Canadian Centre for Remote Sensing, Ottawa, Ont.
- Greg Giffin - Research Scientist, Space Missions Group, MacDonald Dettwiler, B.C.
- Neal Golovin - Scientist, AER Energy, Atlanta, Ga.
- Arthur McDonald - Professor of Physics, Queens University and Director of Sudbury Neutrino Observatory Project
- Junwei Jiang - Research Scientist, 3M Electronics Markets Materials Division
- Ross McKinnon - Research Officer (specializing in battery electrodes and superconductors) National Research Council, Ottawa, Ont.
- Bernard Poller - Operations Systems Engineer, Space Missions Group, MacDonald Dettwiler, B.C.
- Christopher Purcell - Defence Scientist, Defence Research Establishment Atlantic, Dartmouth, N.S.
- Weibing Xing - Staff Scientist, Wilson Greatbatch, Buffalo, NY
- Lucian Livadaru - NSERC Visiting Fellow, National Research Council, (National Institute for Nanotechnology) Edmonton, AB
- April Butler - High School Teacher, West Kings District High School, Annapolis Valley, N.S.
- Stephen Gosse - High School Teacher, Queen Elizabeth High School, Halifax, N.S.
- Ali Ibrahim - Physics Teacher, Dubai International School, United Arab Emirates
- Bill Pay - Physics Teacher, J.L. Ilsley High School, Halifax, N.S.
- David Salloum - High School Physics/Mathematics Teacher, Halifax, N.S.
- Heather Westlake - Physics Teacher, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick
- Stanimir Bonev - Faculty, Department of Physics & Atmospheric Science, Dalhousie University
- Luc Beaulieu - Faculty, Physics Department, Memorial University, N.L.
- Zhonghai Chen - Post-Doctoral Fellow, Argonne National Lab, USA
- Robert Gauthier - Professor of Physics, Laurentian University
- Andy George - Technologist, Physics Department, Dalhousie University
- Kevin Hewitt - Faculty, Dalhousie University
- Dominique Larcher - Faculty, U. Picardie, France
- Derek Lawther - Assistant Professor of Physics, University of Prince Edward Island
- Geoff Maksym - Assistant Professor, School of Biomedical Engineering, Dalhousie University
- Mark Richard - Technician, Physiology & Biophysics Department, Dalhousie University
- Jennifer Seel - Math & Physics Professor, Lambton College, Sarnia, Ont.
- David Stevens - Post-Doc, Dalhousie University, Halifax, N.S.
- Brad Easton - Assistant Professor, Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Shane Beattie - Post-Doctoral Fellow, U. Picardie, France
- Michael Fleischauer,- Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Alberta
- Tim Hatchard - Post-doctoral Fellow, Dunlap Group, Dalhousie University
- Jean-Sabin McEwen - Post-doctoral Fellow, Université Libre Bruxelles, Ctr Nonlinear Phenomena & Complex Syst, Brussels, Belgium
- Mark Obrovac - Faculty, Department of Chemistry, Dalhousie University
- Richard Benwell - Legal Counsel to IMP Group International, Halifax, N.S.
- Edward de Zeeuw - Senior Telecommunications Analyst, Voice Mobility Inc., Halifax, N.S.
- Dan Falk - Freelance Science Writer, Toronto, Ont. (Globe & Mail, CBC, Quirks & Quarks)
- Darin Fraser - Actuarial analyst, Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation
- Craig Hamm - Underwater Acoustician, Maritime Systems Division, Computing Devices of Canada, Ottawa, Ont.
- John Holland - Flight Dynamics Analyst, Telesat Canada, Ottawa, Ont.
- Darrell Kays - Lieutenant (Navy), Combat Sysrtems Engineering Officer, Canadian Armed Forces
- Stephen Kelloway - Actuary, St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Simon Nickerson - IT Consultant, TAP Consultants, Vancouver
- Martin Riley - Entrepeneur - H & M Riley Consulting Ltd., N.S.