Why choose HSA at Dalhousie?
The Health Services Administration program will prepare you for managerial roles in health care management. Offered online on a full-time or part-time basis, the program serves those already employed in the health-care sector in a management capacity, in roles such as:
- middle managers in medium to large institutions
- administrators in small facilities
- employees in community health facilities
Diploma in Health Services Administration
Diploma in Health Services Administration (1 year)
Applicants must meet the Dalhousie University undergraduate admission requirements to be considered for this program. It is recommended that students have work or volunteer experience in the health services industry before applying to this program.
A complete application consists of the following documents:
- An application and fee
- An official transcript from high school and previous post-secondary institutions
- A letter outlining your life and work experiences since last attending school. You should include a description of your educational goals and your motivation to succeed in this program.
- One letter of reference
Application Deadline and Program Dates
Application deadlines for 2017/18
- July 1 - Deadline to apply to the Diploma in Health Services Administration program
Other important program dates
- TBD (June) - Registration begins for new high school students
- TBD (September) - Classes begin, fall term
- TBD (December) - Exams begin
See complete list of important dates
Class sizes average around 10 to 20 students per class.
Use our Fee Calculator to estimate the cost of a full year at Dalhousie.
Residence & Housing
Whether you're applying to one of our residence halls or you’re looking for help with an off-campus apartment search, Dalhousie’s Residence and Housing services can help.
- Meal plans
- Dorm-style traditional residences
- Apartment-style, non-traditional
- Off-campus housing