Why choose EHSM at Dal?
As an undergraduate diploma offered by the School of Health Services Administration, the Emergency Health Services Management program is primarily for managers working in Canada's emergency health services system. It provides professionals with the skills required to:
- effectively manage organizations and human resources
- implement continuous quality improvement initiatives
- design efficient and effective EHS systems
- apply principles of health-care planning to EHS
- develop community partnerships and support for EHS
- navigate the complexity of the legal environment as it applies to health-care services
Diploma in Emergency Health Services Management
Diploma in Emergency Health Services Management (1 year)
Applicants must meet the Dalhousie University undergraduate admission requirements to be considered for this program. Applicants require university preparation (you may not apply from high school).
Application Deadline and Program Dates
Application deadlines for 2017/18
- July 1 - for September start
- November 15 - for January start
- March 15 - for May start
*Applications should be submitted as early as possible.
Other important program dates
- TBD (September) - Classes begin, fall term
- TBD (December) - Exams begin
See complete list of important dates
Class sizes average around 10-20 students per class.
Use our Fee Calculator to estimate the cost of a full year at Dalhousie.
Residence & Housing
Whether you're applying to one of our residence halls or you’re looking for help with an off-campus apartment search, Dalhousie’s Residence and Housing services can help.
- Meal plans
- Dorm-style traditional residences
- Apartment-style, non-traditional
- Off-campus housing