The Dalhousie web team provides services to faculties, departments and administrative offices across campus. We work closely with web managers, administrators and contributors to support communications on the web.
- Website migration - The web team will be assisting faculties, department and administrative units with the migration of official Dalhousie websites from Serena Collage to Adobe CQ. A toolkit is now available online.
- New website request - New websites and site rebuilds are initiated by completing and submitting our 'New Website Request' form. A consultant on the web team will then meet with the stakeholder to gather requirements and develop a project plan.
- Content and writing - Our team of writers can assist you with structuring and formatting your content for the web. We also offer a free seminar on the basics of web writing.
- CQ (CMS) training and support - Once your website has been migrated to the new CMS, site administrators must attend a CQ training session. Tutorials are posted online and web writers are also available should you have any questions about using CQ.
- Blogs and social media - Whether you're looking to set up a blog, considering a YouTube channel, or want to promote an event on the Dalhousie Facebook page, we can help you with your social media strategy.
- Google Analytics and usage tracking - analyze web traffic to your site and measure engagement with your target audience.
- Site search tools - The web team provides search features individualized for Dal web sub-sites, including special page "collections" for individual sites & applications, KeyMatches and OneBox results.
- Web application development - The web team builds and manages application development for CQ websites.
- Web strategy consultations - The web team provides consultations to assist administrative units, academic departments and faculties to develop websites and applications, manage web operations and plan web marketing strategies.