About Research at Dal
Research with purpose
As one of Canada’s leading research universities, Dalhousie has attracted more than $140 million in research funding last year. Students learn beyond the classroom alongside renowned researchers; in the lab, the library, the studio and the field.
Dalhousie’s research expertise extends beyond borders. The university has development projects in 15 countries, and research collaborations in nearly 100 countries.
- Dalhousie University is home to 50 Canada Research Chairs
- The university was recently awarded a Canada Excellence Research Chair (CERC) in Ocean Science and Technology; one of just 19 awarded across Canada
- Approximately 100 active infrastructure projects are underway at Dal, funded by the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- CFI has approved over 180 projects at Dalhousie with an investment of $79 million, including the global Ocean Tracking Network, $168-million conservation project headquartered here
- The Province of Nova Scotia has invested over $30 million to support CFI projects at Dalhousie