Important educational partners
As a parent, you play a pivotal role in your son or daughter's education. From offering financial advice, to exploring program options or helping with move in, parents are an important source of support. These resources will help you get familiar with the campus, and develop a better sense of Dalhousie.
Finding your way around
How to get to the Halifax campuses from the airport
- Take the 102 to Halifax (stay right @ exit 5, which is the Halifax/Bedford exit).
- Keep going straight. The 102 will turn into Bayers Road.
- On Bayers Road, after you pass the Halifax Shopping Centre, turn right at the next set of lights. This is Connaught Avenue.
- Take Connaught until it ends at a three-way stop.
- Turn left onto Jubilee Road.
- At the first set of lights, turn right onto Oxford Street.
- Take Oxford to Coburg Road.
- Arrive at Studley Campus.
How to get to the Agricultural (Truro) campus from the airport
- Take the 102 to Truro and then take Exit 14 on the Trans Canada Highway # 102 at Truro.
- Turn right when coming off of the exit ramp. You are now on Robie Street.
- At the second set of traffic lights, turn left and proceed along Marshland Drive until you reach a four-way stop.
- Turn left onto Park Street and proceed over the bridge to the first set of lights. Turn right at the lights. You are now on Main Street in Bible Hill.
- Go through the next set of traffic lights and take the first road on the left, College Road. Cumming Drive is the second road on your right. You are now on campus.
- Dal at a glance - Learn some interesting facts about Dal
- History and tradition - Exceptional education for almost 200 years
- Nova Scotia - Get to know our safe, friendly and vibrant communities
- Visit our campuses - Take a campus tour
- Important dates - Admission and academic deadlines
- Leadership and vision - How our leaders contribute to the success of Dal students
- Research - Dal is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive universities
- Tuition, fees and costs - Get the details on finances
- Fee calculator - Figure out a budget
- Due dates - Learn when payments are due
- Scholarships and bursaries - Financial support for students
- Academic support - Help with advising, study skills and accessibility issues
- Black student advising - Support for students of African decent
- Bookstores - Textbooks, supplies, gitware and more
- Health and wellness - Counselling, medical and lifestyle services
- International Centre - Help with planning and transition for travelling students
- Native Students - Personal and educational support services
- Student Careers and Leadership Development - Preparing students for graduation
- Student rights & responsibilities - Get to know our rules and guidelines
- University ID & transit pass - Key card, library card, debit card and transit pass in one
- Lost and found - Find what you've lost
- Tiger Patrol - Helps students get home safely
- Safety tips - General tips about campus safety
- Contact Dal Security
- @dalsecurity - Follow us on Twitter