They are there when students need them, and now these four outstanding faculty and staff have been presented with Dal's top award for service to students. Read more.
- Accessing a new perspective: Dal prof takes a spin in someone else's wheels
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- Tanya Packer, director of the School of Occupational Therapy, was one of 12 Halifax community leaders who spent their day in a wheelchair to raise funds and awareness for the Canadian Paraplegic Association.
- Editorial: Why we're all part of an oceans community
- Wednesday, June 5, 2013
- With World Oceans Day approaching on June 8, students from Dal's Marine Affairs Program highlight the importance of building bridges in sustainable ocean management.
- From promise to potential
- Thursday, May 30, 2013
- As Physics Professor Kevin Hewitt steps down as president of the Imhotep's Legacy Academy, he reflects on the work he and his peers have done to inspire African Nova Scotian students.
ArchivesCommunity & Culture
- Sharing the season – A Dal holiday card
- Tuesday, December 11, 2012
- Students, faculty and staff share holiday greetings from around the world in a video greeting card you can share with friends, family and colleagues.
- A safe bed, out of the cold
- Friday, December 7, 2012
- Dal students volunteer their time at Out of the Cold, a shelter for Halifax’s homeless, organized by a group of community leaders, including Social Work prof Jeff Karabanow.
- Dal Women of Excellence
- Tuesday, December 4, 2012
- Three Dal faculty were among those feted at the Halifax Cornwallis Chapter of the Canadian Progress Club's annual celebration.
- Inspiration in motion at Dal Dance workshop
- Monday, December 3, 2012
- Dal Dance society hosted "INSPIRE," a high-energy workshop for all levels of dance.
- 'Tis the season for giving back
- Friday, November 30, 2012
- Dal Nursing and Dalplex are each organizing collection drives to help families in need this holiday season.