Why Choose Social Work?
Gain knowledge and experience in how to help individuals, families and communities, and promote policy to provide a better environment in which to live. The School of Social Work's vision is a commitment to building a socially just society, defined as one that upholds and validates the values of equality, diversity, inclusiveness, democracy and concern for human welfare. We manifest and advance curricula, scholarship and school culture that are congruent with those values. Learn more about the School of Social Work.
The School of Social Work is located on the third floor of the Mona Campbell Building which is situated on the corner of Coburg Road and LeMarchant Street.
School of Social Work
1459 LeMarchant Street, Suite 3201
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Faculty & Research
Our professors engage and challenge students to develop their skills, emphasizing social policy, professional values, theoretical perspectives, and practice methods. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
Social Work News
- The School of Social Work has sent you a holiday greeting. View your e-card.
- The film "Buying Sex" was a very successful fundraiser organized by the Dalhousie School of Social Work Alumni
- Plan to attend a fundraiser for Social Work Student Scholarships
- Director, Dr. Jan Fook announces two new appointments to faculty positions for 2013/4 at the School of Social Work
- Congratulations to Fred Wien and his research team!