Why Choose Social Work?
Gain knowledge and experience in how to help individuals, families and communities, and promote policy to provide a better environment in which to live. The School of Social Work's vision is a commitment to building a socially just society, defined as one that upholds and validates the values of equality, diversity, inclusiveness, democracy and concern for human welfare. We manifest and advance curricula, scholarship and school culture that are congruent with those values. Learn more about the profession of Social Work.
The School of Social Work is located on the third floor of the Mona Campbell Building which is situated on the corner of Coburg Road and LeMarchant Street.
School of Social Work
1459 LeMarchant Street, Suite 3201
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Faculty & Research
Our professors engage and challenge students to develop their skills, emphasizing social policy, professional values, theoretical perspectives, and practice methods. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
School of Social Work Continuing Education
View our current schedule of professional development workshops. Everyone is welcome.
Social Work News
- Social Work student, Kendra Gottschall's research is featured in the Chronicle Herald.
- Congratulations to Social Work student Randii-Lynn Sullivan, recipient of the Board of Governors Award
- Congratulations to Dr. Wanda Thomas Bernard on winning the BBPA Harry Jerome Award
- Discover the most recent updates regarding Social Work Research projects.
- Congratulations to Dr. Wanda Thomas Bernard!