Why Choose Social Work?
Gain knowledge and experience in how to help individuals, families and communities, and promote policy to provide a better environment in which to live. The School of Social Work's vision is a commitment to building a socially just society, defined as one that upholds and validates the values of equality, diversity, inclusiveness, democracy and concern for human welfare. We manifest and advance curricula, scholarship and school culture that are congruent with those values. Learn more about the profession of Social Work.
The School of Social Work is located on the third floor of the Mona Campbell Building which is situated on the corner of Coburg Road and LeMarchant Street.
School of Social Work
1459 LeMarchant Street, Suite 3201
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Faculty & Research
Our professors engage and challenge students to develop their skills, emphasizing social policy, professional values, theoretical perspectives, and practice methods. Learn more about our faculty and their research specializations.
School of Social Work Continuing Education
View our current schedule of professional development workshops. Everyone is welcome.
Social Work News
- You will not want to miss the Racism is Killing Us Softly Seminar Series
- Plan to attend Feel The Love, a musical extravaganza in support of Akoma Family Centre on Wednesday, February 11.
- Discover the most recent updates regarding Social Work Research projects.
- Congratulations to Dr. Wanda Thomas Bernard!
- The Heart of Helping: Online Workshop
- The Dalhousie School of Social Work's Clinic has opened its doors to the community