PO Box 15000
College of Pharmacy
- Pharmacists immunizing
- Pharmacists prescribing
- Pharmacy practice
- BSc(Pharm) (Dalhousie)
- PharmD (UBC)
Dr. Jennifer Isenor’s research focuses on pharmacists’ expanded scope of practice, with particular emphasis on pharmacists as immunizers and pharmacists as prescribers. She is one of the founding members of the Pharmacists as Immunizers (PAI) Research Team, which is currently studying pharmacist immunization activities in the Maritimes.
Selected awards and honours
- Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists NS Branch, Dr. J.G. Duff Appreciation Award, 2015
- Pharmacy Association of Nova Scotia Appreciation Award, Minor Ailments Boot Camp, 2012
- Pharmacy Association of Nova Scotia Appreciation Award, Standards of Practice Orientation Sessions, 2011
- Isenor JE, Alia TA, Killen JL, Billard BA, Halperin BA, Slayter KL, McNeil SA, MacDougall D, Bowles SK. Impact of pharmacists as immunizers on influenza vaccination coverage in Nova Scotia, Canada. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2016 Feb 10 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26863888
- MacDougall D, Halperin BA, Isenor J, MacKinnon-Cameron D, Li Li, McNeil SA, Langley JM, Halperin SA. Routine immunization of adults by pharmacists: attitudes and beliefs of the Canadian public and health care providers. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2016 Jan 25 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26810485
- Edwards NT, Corsten E, Kiberd M, Bowles SK, Isenor JE, Slayter KL, McNeil SA. Pharmacists as immunizers: A survey of community pharmacists' willingness to administer adult immunizations. Int J Clin Pharm,m 2015; 37(2): 292-5.
- Isenor, JE, Ensom MH. Is there a role for therapeutic drug monitoring of vitamin D level as a surrogate marker for fracture risk? Pharmacotherapy. 2010;30(3):254-64.
- Isenor, JE, Tobin C, Bowles S, Slayter KL. Immunization training: Preparing pharmacists for an expanded scope of practice. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol 2010; 21(4):173-234.