Contact informationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSc(OT), University of Toronto
- MSc(OT – Post-Professional), Dalhousie University
These include exploring intersections of health policy and health services research, particularly primary health care on chronic conditions management (including self-management). Her work is focused on the experiences of people living with chronic conditions and health care providers and is typically collaborative in nature.
- Versnel, J, Packer, T, Weeks, L E, Brown, J, Godwin, M, Hutchinson, S, Kephart, G, MacKenzien, D, Roger, K, Stadnyk, R, Villeneuve, M, Warner, G. (2013). The everyday experience of living with and managing a neurological condition (the LINC study): Study design. BMC neurology, 13, 30-30.
- Brown, J. A. (2011). Talking about life after early psychosis: The impact on occupational performance. Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, 78,156-163.
- Townsend, E., Beagan, B., Kumas-Tan, Z., Versnel, J., Iwama, M., Landry, J., Stewart, D., Brown, J. (2007). Enabling: Occupational therapy’s core competency. In Townsend, E.A. & Polatajko, H.J. (Eds.) Enabling occupation II: Advancing an occupational therapy vision for health, well-being and justice through occupation. Ottawa: CAOT.
- Whitehorn, D., Brown, J., Richard, J., Rui, Q., Kopala, L. (2002). Multiple dimensions of recovery in early psychosis. International Review of Psychiatry 14(4): 273-283.
Selected awards and honours
- A Psychiatry Practicum Award, Dalhousie University (1999)
- Holland Award in Outpatient Psychiatry, Nova Scotia Hospital (1996)
- College of Occupational Therapist, Nova Scotia (Professional Practice Committee Member)
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Nova Scotia Society of Occupational Therapists (NSERF Coordinator)
- Canadian Evaluation Society
- International Early Psychosis Association
- Member of the Chronic Condition Management Research Group http://www.ccmrg.ca/about.php
- Research Associate, the LINC study: The everyday Experience of living with and managing a neurological condition http://www.ccmrg.ca/linc/index.php
- OCCU 5003 Dimensions of Professional Practice
- OCCU 5043 Program Evaluation for Occupational Therapists (Post-Professional Program)
- OCCU 5043 Program Evaluation for Occupational Therapists (Entry Level Program)
- OCCU 6000 Applied Research I & II – Project Supervisor (Entry Level Program)
- OCCU 5111 Fieldwork I (Health Mentor Faculty Supervisor)
- On-Line Orientation Coordinator (Post-Professional Program)
Service & activity
- Provincial Intersectoral Falls Prevention Committee