Our mission is to educate audiologists and speech-language pathologists, advance knowledge in communication sciences and disorders and advocate for people with communication disorders. Learn more about the School.
SHCD in the news...
- BRC Knowledge Translation Grants in Action (featuring Dr. Wang)
- Hope to those with brain injuries | CTV Atlantic News
- Grad profile: Promoting the power of communication
- Patricia Cleave Award for Outstanding Leadership
- Infectious enthusiasm: Dal employee wins Halifax volunteer award
- Smart Talk - Speech-Language Pathologist Cindy Dobbelsteyn embarks on a new challenge - Atlantic Canada's first Accent Modification Clinic.
- Dr. Micahel Kiefte featured in March 30 episode of Atlantic Voice (“Accents”)
SHCD Hours of operation...
Welcome to our 1st year students, and welcome back to our returning students. Regular hours are 8:30am to 5pm - ADT, Monday to Friday.
SHCD faculty are actively involved in research in a diverse array of topics. While preparing for professional practice in our programs, Master's students will be involved in theses and projects that address important questions in our fields. Prospective PhD students are encouraged to contact individual faculty members to discuss research interests.