Our mission is to educate audiologists and speech-language pathologists, advance knowledge in communication sciences and disorders, promote diversity in our professions, and advocate for people with communication disorders. Learn more about the School.
SHCD in the news...
- VIDEO: How Music can improve your hearing with audiologist Dr. Steve Aiken (CTV Morning Live - Nov. 27 2014 4m 41s)
- Getting the word out; Stuttering doesn’t have to be a shameful secret (MSc S-LP 3rd year student Casey Kennedy featured in The Coast - November 6-12, 2014 edition)
- Human Communication Disorders alumna Jenifer Jackson writes on diversity in her field for Canadian Audiologist
- BRC Knowledge Translation Grants in Action (featuring Dr. Wang)
- Hope to those with brain injuries | CTV Atlantic News
SHCD Hours of operation
Regular hours are 8:30am to 5pm - AST, Monday to Friday.
SHCD faculty are actively involved in research in a diverse array of topics. While preparing for professional practice in our programs, Master's students will be involved in theses and projects that address important questions in our fields. Prospective PhD students are encouraged to contact individual faculty members to discuss research interests.