PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- Modern Canadian history
- Socio-political history
- Taxation history
- Gender and women's history
- Canadian history
- BIS (Waterloo)
- MA (Queen’s)
- PhD (Queen’s)
- Contributing Citizens: Modern Charitable Fundraising and the Making of the Welfare State,1920-66. Vancouver: UBC Press, 2008.
- The Public at Play: Gender and the Politics of Recreation in Postwar Ontario. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2000.
- "The Politics of Carter-era Tax Reform: a revisionist account." InThe Quest for Tax Reform Continues: the Royal commission on Taxation Fifty Years Later. Ed. Kim Brooks. Toronto: Carswell, 31-52.
- "Relations of Extraction: taxation and women’s citizenship in the Maritimes, 1914-1955," Acadiensis 39, 1 (Winter/Spring 2010), 27-57.
Awards and honours
- Shortlisted for the Sir John A. Macdonald Prize 2008 and Harold Adams Innis Prize 2008-09 for Contributing Citizens: Modern Charitable Fundraising and the Making of the Welfare State, 1920-66.
- Canadian Historical Association, Clio (Ontario) Award for Excellence, 2000 for The Public at Play: Gender and the Politics of Recreation in Postwar Ontario.
- HIST 2615F - Making Gender - Male and Female from the American Revolution to the present
- HIST 3252F - Making the News/State & Society
Office Hours Fall Term:
- Tuesdays: 10:00 - 11:15
- Fridays: 1:30 - 3:00
- or by appointment