Contact informationEmail: email@example.com
PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- BIS (Waterloo)
- MA (Queen’s)
- PhD (Queen’s)
- Contributing Citizens: Modern Charitable Fundraising and the Making of the Welfare State,1920-66. Vancouver: UBC Press, 2008.
- The Public at Play: Gender and the Politics of Recreation in Postwar Ontario. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2000.
- "The Politics of Carter-era Tax Reform: a revisionist account." InThe Quest for Tax Reform Continues: the Royal commission on Taxation Fifty Years Later. Ed. Kim Brooks. Toronto: Carswell, 31-52.
- "Relations of Extraction: taxation and women’s citizenship in the Maritimes, 1914-1955," Acadiensis 39, 1 (Winter/Spring 2010), 27-57.
Awards and honours
- Shortlisted for the Sir John A. Macdonald Prize 2008 and Harold Adams Innis Prize 2008-09 for Contributing Citizens: Modern Charitable Fundraising and the Making of the Welfare State, 1920-66.
- Canadian Historical Association, Clio (Ontario) Award for Excellence, 2000 for The Public at Play: Gender and the Politics of Recreation in Postwar Ontario.
- Teaching Winter Term
- HIST 3222 (Topics in Canadian Social History)
- HIST 3245 Canadiens, Acadiens, Quebecois
- Office Hours Summer Term
- by appointment