Master Gardener Training
Learn and share
Get together with other gardeners who share a passion for horticulture and are dedicated to learning and growing their knowledge to share with their community.
The Master Gardener training program caters to participants who have a passion for gardening, wanting to expand their knowledge in the horticulture field, or wanting to become a Master Gardener!
The training program consists of four independent-study classes available online and a one-week, on-site summer school. Participants have the opportunity to take one course or all courses.
** Please note: Our next session is set for an February 1, 2016 start date with a registration deadline of January 15, 2016.**
A passion for gardening
Master Gardener organizations are a network of associations throughout North America who share a passion for gardening.
Volunteers dedicated to providing horticultural information to the public run these not-for-profit organizations.
- Atlantic Master Gardener Association: “Master Gardeners in Training must successfully complete an educational component in addition to meeting the required annual volunteer hours (25 a year) for two years and 8 hours of continuing education every 2 years before they can become certified as Master Gardeners.”
- Master Gardeners of Ontario Inc.
Master Gardener Program Forms:
2015/16 Registration Deadlines:
- October 1 intake - Deadline September 21
- November 15 intake - Deadline November 2
- February 1 intake - Deadline January 15
Cost per course is $360 including the Distance Education Fee.
All courses have a 6 month time frame for completion.
Tuition cannot be refunded after the course materials have been sent to you or you have accessed the online course materials.
Application for Bursary [PDF] Applications are now being accepted for 2015/2016. The deadline to apply is October 15, 2015.