Rajasekaran R. Lada
Professor and Department Head & Founding Director, Christmas Tree Research Centre
Contact informationEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 550, Truro, Nova Scotia
Canada B2N 5E3
- B.Sc. Horticulture (Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, India)
- M.Sc. Agriculture (Horticulture) (Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, India)
- Ph.D. (University of Adelaide, South Australia)
- PDF (University of Toronto, Canada)
- U.M.C (CHERD, University of Manitoba, Canada)
Professor Lada’s research is focused on Seed, Plant, Tree, Stress and Ecophysiology of various horticultural ecosystems (vegetables, fruits, siliviculture, medicinal aromatic plants, spices and plantation crops). Research is geared towards addressing various research needs and providing new knowledge and innovative solutions and technologies to edible horticultural industry, Christmas tree industry, maple industry and controlled environment production systems, regionally, nationally and globally through multidisciplinary collaborative research teams.
Learn more about:
- Processing Carrot Research Program (PCRP)
- Rhubarb Research Program (RRP)
- Edible Horticulture Research Program
- Christmas Tree Research Program
- MacDonald MT, Rajasekaran L.R. Veitch RS. 2014. Linking certain physical characteristics with postharvest needle abscission resistance in balsam. J. Appl. Hort. 16:1.
- Veitch, R., Rajasekaran, L.R., Adams, A., MacDonald, M. 2014. Carrot yield and quality as influenced by nitrogen application in cut and peel carrots. Communication in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. DOI: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showCitFormats?doi=10.1080/00103624.2014.880713.
- MacDonald MT and Rajasekaran L.R. 2013. Biophysical and hormonal changes linked to postharvest needle abscission in balsam fir. J. Plant Growth Regul. DOI 10.1007/s00344-013-9409-6.
- MacDonald MT, Rajasekaran L.R., Veitch RS, Thiagarajan A, Adams AD. 2013. Postharvest needle retention of balsam fir is modified by harvest date. Can. J. For. Res.(In Press).
- Thiagarajan, A., Rajasekaran L.R. , Sivakami M., and Adam, A. 2013. Agroclimatology-Based Yield Model for Carrot Using Multiple Linear Regression and Artificial Neural Networks. Agronomy J. 105: 863-873.
- Thiagarajan, A., Rajasekaran L.R., Peppin, S., Forney, C., Desjardins, Y. Dorais, M., 2013. Temperature and photoperiod influence postharvest needle retention of selected balsam fir genotypes by modulating ABA levels. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 32:843-851.
Selected awards and honours
- NSAC Research Excellence Award
- CFI Research and Development Award
- Scientific Advisor, Agricultural Green Technologies, Republic of South Korea
- Advisor to Deputy Prime Minister, Royal Government of Cambodia
- University of Adelaide Research Fellow
- Member, American Society of Horticultural Science
- Member, International Society of Horticultural Science
- Member, Agrologists Institute of Nova Scotia
- PLSC 4002 Plant Ecophysiology (A)
- PLSC 4004 Root Physiology – Underground Secrets (A)
- ENVS 4007 Directed Studies in Environmental Sciences
- SPEC 4007 Special Topics in Environmental Studies (A)
- SPEC 4010/4011 Special Topics in Plant Science (A)
- AGRI 5540 Special Topics in Crop Physiology
- AGRI5230 Directed Studies in Environmental Sciences
Service & Activity
- Project Director – Agri-Education for Extension Project ACCC/CIDA
- Project Missions – Tanzania, Cambodia, Gambia
- Member, Academic and Research Planning Committee, Faculty of Agriculture
- Member, Dalhousie Vision 2020 Rapid Task Force