Guaranteed Ride Home
Regular Commuters are guaranteed a taxi home for emergencies
Dalhousie is a pilot site for the Guaranteed Ride Home Program (GRH) with the Halifax Regional Municipality. GRH is a program offered to employees who commute to work at least three times a week by carpool, vanpool, transit, bike, or walking. It provides those commuters with up to 5 free taxi rides (per year), in the event of a personal emergency or unexpected overtime.
To enroll in the Guaranteed Ride Home program:
1. Download and print the GRH Registration Form [PDF - 46.6 kB] and complete the form.
2. Please return your completed form by interdepartmental campus mail marked:
Attention: Caroline King
Caroline King, Onsite Coordinator
Dalhousie University Central Services Building
5th floor, 1236 Henry St., Halifax, NS,
Canada, B3J 1B6
3. A taxi chit will be sent to you through interdepartmental mail.
Approved emergency is defined as:
- Personal or family emergency (such as fire, breakin, water main break);
- Personal or family illness such as sick or injured child);
- Required unscheduled(mandatory) overtime;
- Carpool partner’s emergency, illness, or unscheduled overtime
You are welcome to download the GRH Dalhousie poster [PDF - 1.04 MB] for educational and promotional purposes.