Healthy Workplace Award
Recognizing your wellness efforts
The Healthy Workplace Award recognizes Dalhousie departments, units, or areas that are demonstrating opportunities of health and wellness to their employees.
There are many ways to support employee health, engagement, and well-being, and we want to hear about how your workplace is doing just that. Show us how one or more of the six dimensions of wellness (see below) are represented in your work group or program and describe the positive impacts that have occurred.
Any Dalhousie-based work group or program is eligible, including university departments and programs located in other locations or organizations.
Six Dimensions of Wellness
- Physical – nutrition, fitness
- Emotional – deal with emotions; share feelings in a healthy and meaningful way
- Intellectual – ability to constantly, and positively, challenge our minds
- Interpersonal/Social – develop and maintain satisfying and supportive relationships
- Spiritual – a feeling of belonging to something greater than oneself; a sense of purpose
- Environmental – surroundings conducive to being our best
How to Nominate
Option 1: Written nomination form submission
- Complete the nomination form with at least two supporting names.
- Describe which dimensions of wellness are evident in your workplace or program and the impacts experienced.
- As appropriate, identify those individuals who are key drivers or champions in your department, unit, or area.
Option 2: Video Nomination Submission
- Show and/or tell in the video which dimensions of wellness are evident in your workplace or program and the impacts experienced.
- The video should be approximately 2 – 3 minutes in length, in QuickTime format (mov file).
- As appropriate, identify those individuals who are key drivers or champions in your department, unit or area.
How to Submit Your Nomination
Email your submission to HealthyDal@dal.ca by September 30, 2012. Submissions will be reviewed by Dalhousie’s Healthy Workplace Collaborative committee. The depth and breadth of the dimensions of wellness illustrated will be considered when selecting the winner(s). The winner(s) will be recognized at an event in October, as part of Healthy Workplace Month.
Find Out More
The Healthy Workplace Award was developed in response to the university’s Strategic Focus, which outlines eight areas, including developing outstanding human resources. One of its objectives is to enhance Dalhousie’s positive work environment.
For more information about the Healthy Workplace Award, email HealthyDal@dal.ca or contact Janice MacInnis, Coordinator, Organizational Health, at 494-4568.