Dalhousie offers health and medical benefits to give you peace of mind. You can now submit your claims online.
Benefits by Employee Group
- Regular, full-time and part-time (50% or greater) faculty and staff
- Associated employees (Grant-paid)
- Post-Doctoral Fellows
- Under 65 years of age
- Over 65 years of age
Top Employee Benefits Questions
- What is a Health Spending Account?
- All regular, full or part-time (50% or greater full-time equivalent) employees with contracts of eight months or more, have a Health Spending Account (HSA), which provides flexibility and choice in spending your health benefits dollars. Visit Health Spending Account for more information. To find out your current Health Spending Account balance, visit Medavie Blue Cross or call 1-800-667-4511.
- Do I have travel coverage?
- All regular, full or part-time (50% or greater full-time equivalent) employees with contracts of eight months or more, have travel coverage. Visit Travel Coverage for information about travel cards, travel brochures and travelling outside of the country.
- How do I get reimbursed for health/dental receipts?
- Submit your claims online
- Health receipts: Prescription drugs are paid directly by the plan. In those cases where a Tier II drug has been prescribed, a co-pay is required to be paid by the employee. For other services such as physiotherapy, you may take your receipts along with a completed claim form that has been completed by the provider of the service to the Quick Pay office for immediate reimbursement. You can also mail your receipts along with a completed claim form indicating your Medavie Blue Cross identification and policy number to the address indicated on your Medavie Blue Cross card.
- Dental receipts: All dental costs are paid by Medavie Blue Cross electronically for those items that are covered by the plan.