Why Work at Dalhousie?
Working at Dalhousie University provides an amazing opportunity to make a positive contribution to the student experience, participate in acclaimed research activities, and provide support to the university community.
As one of the largest employers in Nova Scotia, Dalhousie encourages career development and personal growth in an environment focused on lifelong learning.
Our campuses are located in Halifax and Truro, Nova Scotia, as well as a Medical School site in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Dalhousie University offers an attractive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive benefit package, along with an employee and family assistance program
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Health and wellness opportunities, including fitness facilities on campus and flexible work arrangements
- A broad range of learning opportunities, including staff tuition assistance and professional development courses
- Access to university libraries
- Welcome and support for a diverse workforce and community
- A commitment to the global community through sustainability practices and policies
- Tradition of art and culture, including events and programs at the Dalhousie Arts Centre
- A culture of innovation and collaboration within the university and the broader community
- Outstanding research opportunities, with 52 Canada Research Chairs and more than $132 million in research funding in 2010