The Campus Bike Centre is a pilot project which began with funding from Clean Nova Scotia, Dalhousie Athletics Department and the University Office of Sustainability. We offer a space to learn about your bicycle and how to ride it safe and comfortably around Halifax
Our goal is to establish Dalhousie University as a community leader in active and sustainable modes of transportation. We will accomplish this by offering a safe space for Dalhousie community members to gain valuable education in cycling. People should not be afraid to ride their bikes to campus. In fact it should be seen as a preferred mode of transportation. Our vision is to make Dalhousie into a green, and bike friendly campus.
The Campus Bike Centre is
- An environment to learn about your bicycle.
- A place where help is available in maintaining or fixing your bicycle.
- A place with tools to assist you in repairing your bicycle.
- A space to chat about Halifax and bicycles.
The Campus Bike Centre is not
- A bicycle shop offering drop off service.
- A bicycle shop offering parts and appeal for sale.
- A bicycle shop offering bicycles for sale.
- A bicycle storage facility.
Take a look at a recent report on Design Alternatives for the Campus Bike Centre [PDF - 2.1 MB]