Dalhousie Multifaith Centre
The Dalhousie Multifaith Centre strives to explore the fundamental issues and concerns of the world from a religious perspective in a setting that encourages open and free discussion, values the raising of questions and doubts, and appreciates divergent histories, attitudes, options, and values. A complete education addresses the whole person: body, mind, and spirit.
The Centre is a non-threatening space where students, staff, and faculty can address the basic questions of meaning and purpose in their lives — no matter what their faith, philosophy, or doubt may be.
Throughout the year, from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., the Quiet Room is available to all students, staff, and faculty who want a quiet place for reflection, meditation, or prayer. There are also Quiet Rooms in the Killam Library and on the Sexton Campus next to the gymnasium.
Top 10 reasons to visit
- We provide hospitality.
- Our chaplains integrate faith and learning.
- We link to a range of faith traditions.
- We explore meaning and purpose. (*)
- We respect religious identities.
- We acknowledge Transcendence. (*)
- We facilitate connectedness with others, nature, or the Divine. (*)
- We offer worship and spiritual practices.
- We have groups in which to live one's values. (*)
- We offer presence and time
(*) Dimensions of spirituality defined by Mueller, Plevak and Rummans