On-Campus Health Clinic
Dalhousie Student Health Services is committed to providing quality health care and services to promote and enhance students' good health and well-being. The services are easily accessible and geared toward the unique health needs and concerns of students.
We are now offering a limited number of same day, nonurgent appointments for students from Monday to Friday (September–November and January–March). If you wish to book one of these appointments, please call our booking line at 902-494-2171.
SEXUAL HEALTH SCREENING SESSIONS
Summer is nearing, so make it a healthy one. Come into Student Health Services April 7 to April 10, 2015 from 4 to 7 p.m. to have a sexual health screening session with our Nurse Practitioner, Nichole Helm.
The services offered will be:
- Pap smears for women who are 18-21 or turning 21
- Sexually transmitted infections testing for men and women
- General exams for men and women
Call to schedule an appointment or for more information: 902-494-2171.
- Routine medical exams and consultations
- Birth control counselling
- Emergency contraception (morning-after pill)
- STI and pregnancy testing
- Non-nominal HIV testing
- Obstetrical care
- Psychiatric care
- Sports medicine
- Minor surgery
- Rapid Strep testing
- Limited same day, nonurgent appointments for students
NEW: We are now offering rapid Strep results to our patients. There is a $10 fee for this test and results for Strep testing are ready in 10 minutes while you wait. If you prefer, at no cost to you, we can have the lab process the swab with results in 24-48 hours.