A free service to students who want to improve their writing skills
We offer support in all subjects—from academic assignments to dissertations—for both undergraduate and graduate students. We meet with you individually to discuss your work and we also offer events and seminars. We are not a proofreading or editing service—our goal is to teach you to write independently.
Of special interest are the following areas of writing:
- Research papers and course assignments
- Sourcing and citing research material (documenting sources)
- Grammar, punctuation, and mechanics of writing
- In-class presentations
- Business writing
- Applications/letters of intent for admission and scholarship
- Collaborative/joint writing practices
- Interdisciplinary writing
- Technical writing: Science and Engineering
- English as Another Language (ESL/EAL) support (English Language Learning)
Make an appointment or attend a seminar
Other services we provide
- ESL non-credit courses
Our ESL courses will improve your English language skills.
- For faculty
We offer in-class visits, workshops, tutors, professor consultations and more. See more information for faculty.
- Resource Guide
Our Resource Guide offers information on academic writing, provides sample papers, and includes notes and links on writing issues and documents.
- Academic Integrity Learning Module
Learn the conventions and practices of academic integrity.