Welcome to your first year at Dalhousie!
The First Year Advising Team provides academic advising and success coaching to new students here at Dalhousie University. We're here to help you navigate the transition from high school through your first year of university life. We can help you with questions like:
- What classes should I be taking?
- What happens if I drop a course?
- I have a scheduling conflict- how do I fix it?
- Can I change programs?
- I'm feeling overwhelmed with all my work - What should I do?
- How do I get the most out of my university experience?
Make an appointment to see us! We can advise you in-person at our office or over the phone, please contact 902-494-3203 or toll free 1-866-359-4709 to book an advising appointment. We look forward to working with you!
We're coming to Nova Scotia high schools to help you plan your first year courses at Dal. Ask your guidance counsellor when we will be at your school and contact Curtis.Clarke@dal.ca to make an appointment for help with first year registration.
Planning your first year courses? Watch these helpful Registration tutorial videos.
First Year Registration Tutorial Videos