Helping you navigate your first year of university
There's a lot to know your first year at university; from choosing the right courses to juggling student life, if you've got questions - First Year Advising has answers! Advisors are here to guide you, provide information and help you meet your goals. To make an advising appointment (for in-person or over the phone), please contact 902-494-3077. We look forward to meeting you!
The First Year Advising Team provides academic advising and success coaching to new students here at Dalhousie University. We're here to help you navigate the transition from high school through your first year of university life. We can help you with questions like:
- What classes should I be taking?
- What happens if I drop a course?
- I have a scheduling conflict- how do I fix it?
- Can I change programs?
- I'm feeling overwhelmed with all my work - What should I do?
- How do I get the most out of my university experience?
Planning your first year courses? Watch these helpful Registration tutorial videos.
First Year Registration Tutorial Videos