Dalhousie Multifaith Centre
The Dalhousie Multifaith Centre strives to explore the fundamental issues and concerns of the world from a religious perspective in a setting that encourages open and free discussion, values the raising of questions and doubts, and appreciates divergent histories, attitudes, options, and values. A complete education addresses the whole person: body, mind, and spirit.
The Centre is a non-threatening space where students, staff, and faculty can address the basic questions of meaning and purpose in their lives — no matter what their faith, philosophy, or doubt may be.
Throughout the year, from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Quiet Rooms are available to all students, staff, and faculty who want a quiet place for reflection, meditation, or prayer. There are Quiet Rooms at the Centre on Edward Street, in the Killam Library, in the Student Union Building, in LeMarchant Place, and on the Sexton Campus next to the gymnasium.
Summer Duty Hours
The Multifaith Centre has reduced office hours during the summer months. A Duty Chaplain is regularly on duty as follows. Duty and Associate Chaplains are happy to meet with you by appointment at other times. Chaplains Contact Information;
Monday - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Friday - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Sunday - 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Top 10 reasons to visit
- We provide hospitality.
- Our chaplains integrate faith and learning.
- We link to a range of faith traditions.
- We explore meaning and purpose. (*)
- We respect religious identities.
- We acknowledge Transcendence. (*)
- We facilitate connectedness with others, nature, or the Divine. (*)
- We offer worship and spiritual practices.
- We have groups in which to live one's values. (*)
- We offer presence and time
(*) Dimensions of spirituality defined by Mueller, Plevak and Rummans