Creating safe spaces and supporting the Rainbow community
The term "Rainbow" is used as an inclusive term for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, two-spirited, and intersexed persons. The Allies at Dalhousie exist to support students, staff, and faculty of the Rainbow community by encouraging the University to welcome and respect its diversity.
Dal Allies works with students, staff, and faculty to provide programs, services, training, support, referral, and resources on Rainbow issues. We are registered with the Youth Project.
We can help, if you:
- question (or have questions about) sexuality or gender identity and need information
- need support in coming out
- wish for an environment free from homophobia
- need help dealing with issues you're experiencing on campus
- want to be yourself and not have to hide your identity when seeking services or support
- want to discuss issues without fear of judgment