for CEGEP students
At Dalhousie, we value the education and experience that you bring to campus as a
CEGEP student and we want to recognize your hard work. For admission you need at least one year of the D.E.C. with a minimum 70% average. Competitive admission averages vary by program. You also need to meet the same course requirements as direct from high school applicants.
If you have completed only one year of CEGEP study you are eligible for scholarship consideration. Your application and all supporting documents must be received by March 15th. Visit Money Matters for more information about applying for our awards.
If you have completed more than one year of the D.E.C. you may receive university credit at Dalhousie. To view CEGEP work that has been assessed for transfer credit in the past, visit our Transfer Credit Equivalencies Table. To receive credit you need:
- to have paid the $200 admission deposit
- a final grade of 60% or higher in the class
- the class to be equivalent to one offered at Dalhousie
- the class to apply to your intended program of study
- to be within the time period to transfer to Dalhousie
How does it work?
- After you have been accepted to Dalhousie, and have paid your deposit, it usually takes 4 - 6 weeks for transfer credits to be assessed.
- If any of your CEGEP courses are not listed on the Transfer Credit Equivalencies Table we will ask for a course description or course outline/syllabus. On receipt we will review the class for possible transfer credit.
- Generally you need to complete at least half of your degree here at Dalhousie.
- If you completed any of your classes outside the time period to transfer to Dal, we will ask for more information.
- Once our assessment is complete we will let you know which of your CEGEP classes transfer to your new program.
- Make sure to send in transcripts with final grades as soon as they are available