Making a Payment
Your Account Detail by Term will provide current details of your account including the amount owing, payment history and account activity by term.
All student account information is considered confidential and access to the account by a third party (i.e. parents) must be authorized by the student.
Paying your tuition
The use of credit cards for payment of tuition and residence/meal plan fees has been discontinued, effective September 1, 2009.
Payment options available:
Telebanking and Internet Banking can be set up with Scotiabank, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, BMO, HSBC, ING Bank, National Bank, Royal Bank and Atlantic Canada Credit Unions if you subscribe to their directed payment program. Your Student ID (B00xxxxxx) is your customer number. Note: We cannot accept Interac E-Mail money transfers
In-Person payments* may be made at:
- Studley Campus - Student Accounts, Room 29, Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building
- Sexton Campus - Student Service Center Main Floor Building B
- Agriculture Campus- Enrollment Services Centre, Cox Institute, Room 100, 21 Cox Road Truro NS
- University of King's College (King's students) - Bursar's Office A&A Building 6350 Coburg Rd.
*Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Student Accounts
Room 29, Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building
6299 South Street
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Note: Cheques and money orders are made payable to Dalhousie University
- Student Accounts
Bank transfer (wire transfers only)
- Bank Transfer must be in Canadian Dollars
- Dalhousie Bank Account Number: 33993-00892-14
- Transit Number: 33993-002
- Swift Code: NOSCCATT
- Account Name: Dalhousie University
- Bank: Bank of Nova Scotia
- Address: 5251 Duke St. Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1P3
- The student's name and number should be used as the reference. Additional fees may be imposed by the customer's bank (the issuing bank). Please check with your bank to learn more about fees associated with paying by bank transfer. Any additional fees are the responsibility of the customer requesting the transfer.
- Money transferred to a student's account should not exceed the annual charges associated with tuition and ancillary fees.
- International payments may be sent through GlobalPay for students by Western Union.
Student Accounts will accept credit card payments for:
- Admission deposits
- Residence confirmation deposits
- Medicine interview fee
- Law interview fee
- Commerce supplementary examination fee
Note: This payment is not real time. It could take up to 2 business days for the payment to be credited to your account.
Other forms of payment
- Student Loans - Student loans may not be used to pay the $200.00 admission deposit.
- Bursaries may be used for payment on your account.
- Scholarships and Waivers - Documentation is required by September 19, 2014 for the fall term and January 16, 2015 for the winter term.
- Third Party Billing - forms must be completed each year and submitted prior to the due date.